•University of California, Davis
•Central Restoration Institute, Rome, Italy, Fulbright, Kress and Smithsonian scholarships
•Center for Conservation and Technical Studies, Harvard University
•Case Western Reserve University Art History Program, Cleveland, Ohio
B. Professional Experience
•Williamstown Regional Art Conservation Center, Clark Art Institute, Williamstown, Massachusetts. Lecturer in the Williams College Graduate Art History Program.
•Conservator in private practice, New York City and Santa Barbara, Ca.
•Visiting conservator at the Van Gogh Museum, Amsterdam; the Museum of Pont-Aven, France; the Museum of Sao Paulo, Brazil; the Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum, Lugano Switzerland and Madrid Spain; the Santa Barbara Museum of Art; the Cleveland Museum of Art; numerous private collections.
C. Selected Publications
1. The Condition of the Last Supper Mural Painting by Leonardo da Vinci, 1975. Unpublished report submitted to the Smithsonian Institution documenting the need to restore the mural.
2. "On the Location of the Leonardo da Vinci Battle of Anghiari Mural Painting", with Dr. John Spencer. The Art Bulletin, 1982.
3. Technique and Meaning in the Painting of Paul Gauguin, with Vojtech-Jirat Wasiutynski. Cambridge University Press, 2000. Click here to view book cover.
4. Vincent Van Gogh's Self Portrait Dedicated to Paul Gauguin, with Vojtech Jirat-Wasiutynski. Harvard University Art Museums, 1984. Click here to view book cover.
5. Technical and Art Historical Studies on Works by Van Gogh and Gauguin, "Observations On Gauguin's Painting Techniques and Materials," Van Gogh Museum Amsterdam, 1991. Click here to view book cover.
6.Van Gogh's Repetition Paintings, The Cleveland Museum of Art, 2014. Click here to view book cover.
7. Fitz Henry Lane's Series Paintings of Brace's Rock: Meaning and Technique. The Terra Foundation for American Art, Chicago, 2010. Click here to view book cover.
•Fulbright Fellowship Italy
•Samual H. Kress grants Italy and France
•Smithsonian Institution NMA grant to document the condition of the Leonardo da Vinci Last Supper mural, which prompted the Italian Ministry of Culture to conserve the painting.
•National Endowment for the Arts, two grants to study the techniques of Paul Gauguin.